Brian Vanyo was born and raised in North Dakota. A graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, Brian served in the Navy for 9 years as an F-14 Radar Intercept Officer and also as an Air Defense Analyst. He moved to Charlottesville, Virginia to pursue a law degree at UVA while finishing a Master’s degree from the U.S. Naval War College. Brian is a published author and columnist. He currently works at the Defense Intelligence Agency and serves as a board member of the Constitution Leadership Initiative, which is an organization that seeks to empower individuals with a better understanding of the Constitution. Brian is married to Svetlana. They are the proud parents of three beautiful girls: Athena, Sofie, and Vivian.
- University of Virginia School of Law, Juris Doctor, Law
- United States Naval War College, Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies
- United States Naval Academy, Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland—1994-98
- Naval Flight Officer School, Pensacola, Florida—1998-2000
- Fighter Squadron ONE-HUNDRED ONE (VF-101), Fleet Replacement Squadron, Virginia Beach, Virginia—2000-01
- Fighter Squadron ELEVEN (VF-11), Virginia Beach, Virginia—2001-04: Operation NOBLE EAGLE (Homeland Defense), September 11, 2001; Operation ENDURING FREEDOM (Afghanistan), 2002; Operation IRAQI FREEDOM (Iraq), 2004
- Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI), Washington, D.C.—2004-07
- Author of The American Ideology (2012)
- Columns published on American Thinker, Human Events, Real Clear History, the Charlottesville Daily Progress, The Scott Hennen Show, and The Schilling Show.
Follow Brian on Facebook: Brian Vanyo
Follow Brian on Twitter: @VanyoBrian